May 12, 2012

Mormon Prom 2012!!

:D I have been waiting for this day for the LONGEST time! Goodness, I can't believe it's already here!! Truth: I am super nervous, what if this doesn't turn out and none of us are friends anymore and ahhhh! But I know it WILL be great! That dumb self doubt just has to make me second guess everything. :P
I got ready for our hike! Cal (first thing I noticed: we were both wearing white Aeropostale t-shirts! We're gonna be matching all day long, how cute!), me, and Porter went to go pick up Matthew, Bethany, and Dani... okay.... it took us like FORTY minutes to find Dani's house! It was really funny though! We drove around the round about for a while until we decided which way to go. FINALLY we found her house, and we all went back to my house for breakfast. That part was awkward. My whole family was just starting at all of us eating our breakfast burritos... and it was just weird. We left and then went to the San Tan Mountains to go hiking! (Cal is sooo great! He opened my door and all that jazz. He gets an A+++ in my book for his "first" date!) We went to our usual spot we hike to. You can see the Temple from up there! It is SO pretty! You can see all the way out to Phoenix and the Temple and my old 'hood and all the farm fields and pecan trees and the Supers! Oh, how I loooove Queen Creek! Anyways, we got some super cute pictures taken. We had a great time just talking to each other and hiking up a mountain! :) I loved every single minute of it! We came back and dropped everyone off, I ate lunch, edited our photos, took a shower, relaxed... now I'm gonna get started to start getting ready for the actual dance! Eeeeeep! So pumped! :) Our group is AWESOME, by the way. We have a great group of kids.

My all time favorite picture!!

Almost to the top of one of the San Tans
Bethany Allen and Porter being goofy

Me and Cal Cluff!

Dani Reheis and Matthew Allen

Matt and Dani by Santa's grave.

Me TRYING to be serious like Cal...
I couldn't do it!

This is THE cutest thing ever!

The group!

Talent.

So precious! Look at that smirk!

Bethany and Porter again

Me and Cal again

Mmkay! So! After the day date, we all went home. I took a nap, ate lunch, painted my nails, did my hair and makeup... and then Cal came back, picked me and Porter up and then we went to Bethany and Matthew's house... Okay. So ever since my mom found out that Nate Mitchell (he plays Joseph Smith in all those church movies) and Brother Allen (he played Jesus in the Easter Pageant a few times) are in our stake.. that is her favorite thing to talk about. She is obsessed with them!! Haha it's so funny. Anyways, Brother Mitchell and his wife were there at the Allen's house, and the second I saw him, I was like, oh no, Mother, go back outside she's gonna flip!! Haha! I gotta give it to her though, she was very calm, made little eye contact and was chill even though she was talking to her favoritest people on earth! Haha I knew that she was so excited. So, after that we picked up Dani at her house. She didn't tell Matt what color her dress was so he still didn't have a tie or corsage for her at this point! She had stuff for him, so that was good!

Anywhoo! We took pictures at Dani's grandparents house. It was soo cool! They had a ton of old stuff there: trucks, carriages, barns, etc! And then they had a huge corn field, and the sun was all perfect! If I wasn't there on a date, I'd totally be exploring that place in and out and taking pictures of everything! It was hard to not take over the camera and be the photographer.. oh well! Again, they were trying to get me to be not serious... and then Brother and Sister Cluff came over and they were making "corny" puns! (haha pun totally intended.) and kept making me laugh even harder!! So in 99% of the photos of us being serious... I'm off in the middle or side laughing so hard. Oops. HOW could I frown when I was just so ecstatic all day long?? :) :) So yeah, those were interesting to take. But they're all edited and lovely! :)
Afterwards we went to Serrano's, it was pretty good! I just had the same thing Cal did, it was thing carne asada burrito thing. I was soooo full after my rice and beans and was like oh no, I still have to finish this HUGE spicy burrito.. and of course I didn't want to be wasteful, so I forced myself to eat the entire thing. I didn't even finish it! I still had a fourth of it to go. I completely filled myself up, and then I took ONE MORE BITE. That set me over. I was feeling sick for the rest of the night! It was so bad! I felt that if I moved around too much I'd throw up. :( So when we got to the actual dance, I didn't feel like dancing all that much. Ahh I felt so bad for not being all fun and crazy for the most part. We got our pictures taken there, with all of the awkward typical prom poses you can think of.. haha we probably slow danced to five or six songs I think. The music was pretty good, it wasn't too loud in there, and get this: IT WAS COLD! Weird, yeah? It was a lot bigger than I thought it'd be, it was on an indoor soccer field. It was interesting with fake grass stuff under my feet, but it was fun! It wasn't dark, the music wasn't loud, it wasn't all hot and sweaty.. I approve! I saw a couple kids I know from DRHS, WFHS, ALA, QCHS, etc. But there were a TON of people I have never seen in my life. Apparently there were over 1,000 kids that were there. Everyone was so pretty and I didn't see a repeat of a dress once! It was really neat, everyone was modest, there was good music, and it was a fun place to be! Back to my being sick, around probably 10:00 I got that taste in your mouth that lets you know that you're going to throw up, so I practically RAN to the bathrooms. There was no way I was gonna throw up on the floor! This was the second time I thought I was going to. And of course the second time, there were girls going in and out of the bathroom, so I was all paranoid that they'd hear me throw up. So it took a while, but finally I did and I felt SO GOOD after that! I was full of energy and was dancing and all was lovely in the world. Why didn't I do that sooner?! We left an hour later. :P Haha!
The overall dance was pretty fun! A lot of people to watch that were doing crazy things, so that was entertaining. I still don't like dancing in public. If I am copying someone, then I can dance, but if it's making up my own thing and trying to not look ridiculous... count me out! But I let loose and had fun the last hour! I hope everyone else had fun, I know I did!! :) We got home probably around 11-ish. We dropped everyone off and me and Porter were the last ones Cal dropped off. He was holding open our screen door, and porter was standing in front to the side of him. I wanted to say something to Cal, and motioned for Porter to go in and that I'd be in in a minute, but he wouldn't have that! His "gentlemanliness" was not going to let himself in before a girl... of course! At any other time, he doesn't have chivalry for that.. so I practically had to push Porter in the door or else he would've waited for me to go in. Finally, he was in and I gave Cal a big hug and said thank you and all that kind of stuff you normally say! Eeeep! Haha! He had the biggest smile. :) Aww I love this guy! :) Haha I had  GREAT time!!!! :D

I hate being awkward. It's just the way I am. I get all freaked out at the dumbest things. I just can't talk to more than one person at a time without running out of things to say/saying anything! I've learned that dances are not my scene, and that I really do like just casual activities like hiking for dates. Don't get me wrong, I loved the dance and getting my hair all pretty and such and wearing a beautiful dress and matching Cal... but I just think that dancing in general is weird. If dancing is required, let's play Just Dance at my house! I can be ridiculous in front of smaller groups no problem.  I just like casual, laid back stuff! I'm just not the fancy type! Never have been, never will!

Cal is just the greatest guy there is! He's perfect in every way possible and I LOVE being around him! He was the best Prom date and I'm so glad he asked me! I had the greatest time and despite feeling sick, I was feeling great and so happy the whole day! I hope he had a great time with me... I was being so awkward/nervous for a while, then I went and got sick, and I made the dumbest jokes and comments.... ah I felt like such a loser.. :P Seriously, I hope he wasn't completely repelled by my awkwardness. That's what I was worried about the entire night, which made me even more awkward! Plus, when things are awkward to other people, I typically don't think it's very awkward. Awkward Silences for example: they don't bother me at all! I think they're quite nice actually. So when he was dancing with me, I wouldn't really talk unless he brought something up. Not intentionally! I promise! I was just thinking about me and him, and then other people around us, and then my aching feet, and then what I SHOULD be saying, and then my full stomach, and then just the whole atmosphere, and then my terrible dance moves... ah I was just off in another mindset.  (but when it was just me and him talking on the hike, that was awesome! It wasn't weird, no prolonged silences, it was really nice! So why NOW?! Gahhh) I really truly hope he wasn't weirded out by that.. I was just off beat for the first half of the night... I think about this WAY too much. Oh, man. Can I please re-do that first part?? It'll be perfect I swear. I just can't stop thinking about it! I mean, I like him and everything, so of course I'm super freaked out by everything that happens between us, but at the same time I'm just like "Whatever!"... he probably thinks I'm this silly girl who is so weird. I don't blame him! Haha! For the most part that is true. I would like to go out with him again sometime soon! :)

Thanks, Cal!!

Ya know. Just jumping by a corn field.

American Gothic.

Natural light leaks! ;)

Bethany JUST finished her dress
before we came over!

And then Matt got a tie.

So cute! 

Looking off in the distance.

So cute!

This is kinda the best photo I've ever seen. 

Oh, Bethany... what would we do without you?


I had to stand on my toes to reach his shoulder! Yess! ;)

Precious.

Ahahaha this is so great.

Right before I cracked up laughing...

How are they SO GOOD at this?!

Dinner at Serranos! A few little girls in there were staring at
us saying we were so pretty! And they got to see modest
prom dresses, which was really neat!

Why do guys have the easy part?
The boutinierre is so hard to pin on!



LOVE THIS.

Mormon Prom = Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment