I'll look back on this and smile, because it was life and I decided to live it.
May 27, 2012
Challenge Accepted.
WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. Not really. But the sleep (or lack of sleep) wasn't too grand. It was cold, and it was WINDY. I can deal with the cold, but the wind? Not my cup of coco. Get this: it ripped our tent side and roof!!! Yeah. Well, we've had that tent for about 8-9 years now... but it's so crazy that we'll probably only have one more use out of it... it's sad! I remember getting that tent and being so excited and wanting to sleep in it right after getting it home from Costco. Those were the days!! Anyways... the whole day was just miserable. I woke up at 5:22 and walked around the campground all by myself for two hours until Porter woke up and I asked him to make a fire. Because it was really cold out there. And there was no fire. But thank goodness for him!! He is the best brother ever, he's so good to me! I need to be better to him. :) And after eating a cold breakfast burrito and having the rainclouds hover over for a good two hours... I was ready to get outta there! Me and Kami sat in the truck for at least 2 hours thinking of excuses for us to go home right then and there. And I tried them! NO LUCK. And then our cousins the Reed's randomly showed up at our campsite, and that meant that we definitely weren't gonna leave them there by themselves. :P But then I took another nap... and the day went by sooo slowly. Napping in the truck was so uncomfortable! Glad we didn't sleep the whole night in there! Maybe it would have been the same amount of sleep. But it did give me a gooooood dream, so I couldn't complain too much. ;) haha I dunno. I just wasn't all that prepared to GO, I guess. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and all, and I loved hanging out with the family... but the wind kinda ruined it for me! I don't want to say "ruined" because just some wind isn't gonna ruin a vacation for me, I just wasn't in the camping mood, I suppose. Anyways, my pleas and begs came true! I heard the sweet, SWEET sound of my mom saying that we could leave if we could get out of there in half an hour! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Haha! We did. And on the way back we listened to Taylor Swift, ate some PopTarts and got home exactly three hours later... there's no place like Queen Creek!! :) There wasn't as many stars out... but they're still here! Sometimes I like to think that with all the stars, Heavenly Father allowed every person to place their own star where they would always see it... or that when the planets were being created, someone with a HUGE bag of glitter tripped and spilled everywhere! Haha I know that that sounds really silly, and that it's not true, but that's how I would make it happen. :) Now I'm all showered and I don't smell like campfire anymore (I think I'm the only person who likes smelling like a campfire... until I get home...) and we watched 3 episodes of Prison Break... and SARA'S HEAD GOT CHOPPED OFF AND PUT IN A BOX AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!! Haha! Garrett ruined it because he said that it was a fake head and that she's still alive... aaaahhhhh. Anyways, church tomorrow and I'm so happy I get to go! The rest of my family is leaving right as church starts tomorrow... Meanwhile, while you guys are freezing cold in your tents, I'm all warm and clean sleeping in my own comfy bed! Yeehaw!
Labels:
happiness,
Prison Break,
Queen Creek,
Summer,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment