May 21, 2012

I Love Seminary

IT'S THE LAST MONDAY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR! YEEAAAHHHYUUHHH! :D I cannot tell you how long I've been waiting for this day. Since July 27th, 2011. Yup. It's been a while. Anyways, I decided to be awesome again, but kinda forgot... but Seminary was fantastic! We just watched a little slideshow that recapped different lessons and stories we've learned about this year, and it had some questions that went along with it to ask yourself. I am SO thankful for the opportunity to study the Old Testament. At first, I wasn't too thrilled because I didn't know all that much about it. I knew some stories, but not to their full meaning as I do now. I needed to study the OT this year. It was a perfect fit for me. There were so many stories on being faithful and obedient... I just loved it and there are way too many thoughts for me to write down to do it justice... I marked my scriptures so much and I hope I will be able to go back and finish reading the whole thing through. I have grown to love the OT and look forward to learning a lot more about the NT next year! I'd say that the story of Esther, or the widow and the oil would be my favorite stories... I loved them all, but those two really stuck out to me. I know that the BoM is the keystone of our religion, and the Bible is right up there next to it, I've gained such a greater appreciation for the Bible, I think that as Mormons we sort of neglect the Bible and take it for granted, but having a greater understanding and absolute testimony for it has helped me so much this year. Tomorrow is my last day of Seminary for the year. :( I mean, I'm happy that I get to sleep in after tomorrow, but I know my days won't be the same. I hope I can involve myself in the scriptures every day this summer. I plan to! In fact, me and Kami are going to read the BoM in ONE DAY. But after having gone through the OT, I will surely be going back and referring to those stories more often as well. 
The rest of my day was good. I just chilled, as I have this entire year. I wish it was a tad more challenging, only because I have nothing to do, but at the same time I'm so happy that I can just relax and not have to constantly be doing projects... even though I know deep inside that this is probably hurting me more in the long run... so we'll see how next year goes (knock on wood....) I babysat for like 45 minutes and got $10. Go me! Haha that's going straight towards gas.. :P My family and I cleaned the church today. And then I went running with Kami while eating ice cream again. Yeah, we're pretty awesome. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment