May 15, 2012

MY Word For It is Really???

Okie dokie... I am gonna rant quite a bit in this post.

Today in Seminary we were talking about the Second Coming and all of the super legit things that are gonna happen in Adam-Ondi-Ahman! I was getting all emotional about it because I LOVE AOA and I just KNEW that the things that my teacher was saying is TRUE! Ah I looooove those moments where you just have this indescribable feeling of complete truth! I was loving it! I just love Nauvoo and all of those historical places in our church. It was the sweetest little feeling, just there for a couple of seconds... that's all I need really! I wanted to keep talking about it for the rest of the day, but school awaited.. I was just walking on air for the rest of the day... well, for the beginning until I walked into the world of school where lost kids gather.. it's really sad! Starting my day off with Seminary has been such a wonderful blessing, but sometimes those peaceful feelings don't last too long the second I walk into the school gates. It's just sad. :( Stand ye in holy places. Except for school. Haha! I feel like a lot of people are like that. Seminary and church they're awesome and great, and then school comes and.... they forget it all. Or they just don't remember at all... anyways, I have no control of that, so I gotta mind my own business. But what if I'm supposed to say something to get them back on track? That's what I hate the most. People who just CANNOT see the light at the end of the tunnel and would prefer to knowingly linger in the dark for a while until it gets too scary and the light gets further and further away... I've never been able to understand other people like that. I've always done what's best and have never gone too far away. I'm pretty close now, I'd say. Anyways, Thursday is the last day for Testimonies in Seminary, so I'm gonna do it because I haven't done it in a while. And I'm gonna tell everybody my burning testimony no matter who is in there that day, I don't care if I'll cry. They need to know that I KNOW that everything about the Church is true and that I will always stand up for it at all times and in all things and in all places. Hopefully, mine will inspire someone else to do better or get polished. I just want to have an impact on someone else's life. I don't feel like I have.... that's impossible, and even if I did, I'll probably never know.
Anyways, I was just feeling great all day long!! I went through my usual routine... in order to keep my B in math, I need to get at least an 80 on my final! Oh geez... I don't think I can do that... I was telling this to my math teacher and she said that I should be okay, and if I try hard enough that she would consider bumping my grade up to an A... I HOPE SHE DOES! I was lazy in that class, but I was a nice student, didn't cause problems and get security called on me, I wasn't disrespectful, and I always turned in my homework and assignments on time... all those little things should go a long way... She likes me, so I think my chances are good... as long as I study. But studying for math.... it's hard and nearly impossible.
I added another 30 things to mine and Kami's Summer List! I'm getting really excited!
THE ANGEL MORONI WAS SET UP ON THE GILBERT TEMPLE TODAY!! And I was at school and didn't know about it until it was too late. "With every brick in the Temples, Satan's power lessens." That is so cool and so true! Apparently this Temple had THE hardest time trying to get the building rights and such... even harder to acquire than the Rome, Italy Temple... yeah, go figure! Satan is trying so hard.. hahaha he can't stop this. This is just one step CLOSER to being finished! I am sooo excited to walk through it and maybe (?) get married there one day! I haven't decided between that one or the Mesa Temple... my whole family has gotten married in the Mesa Temple, so I'd like to continue that tradition, but at the same time, I want to get married in the Gilbert one because I've seen it go up and it's been a big subject and love of mine since it's foundation was laid. I still got like 5 or so years until I'm married... so I can decide later! But FOR SURE I AM GETTING MARRIED IN THE TEMPLE. I will not have it any other way!

Took this from Brother Alleman... this is the coolest picture I've seen of this!
Wish I could've been there!! The whole Temple faces East, pretty cool!

Today we got the QCHS Yearbooks.... I'll just post photos instead of ranting because I've done enough of that verbally, and I'm tired of thinking about it. Yes, I DID annotate these and sent them to my DRHS Yearbook peeps. Yes, I am obsessed and passionate about these things.




















DO YOU SEE HOW MUCH I GOTTA FIX?!?!?! Ahh I'm already starting to write my campaign speech for being EIC next year. Sorry to all those other kids who were dreaming of being it, but I've had this as my goal since I was a Freshman. Longer than you even knew what an EIC was. If I don't get this, then I will drop. It is my sole goal to build this Yearbook up from outta the ground.. first by ripping out it's foundation and pouring my own. Haha I've got this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment