Anyways, it's Mother's Day! This is what I had to say about my momma on my Facebook wall:
I AM SOOO THANKFUL FOR MY MOM. She is the most Christ-like person I know, and I am so blessed to call her my mother. I am so thankful for all the things you do, all that we've been through, and how you inspire me to be the best I can be. You're my best friend and I love how close we are and can be complete weirdos around each other. You never cease to amaze me, make me smile, and just help me keep taking one more step. I love you so much, and I thank every additional day that you're alive and kicking that you get to spend it with me. Thank you for giving up your life for these past 16 years to raise me and make me who I am today. :')
But of course, I could keep going on and on and on about how much I loooove my mom and all of my grandmas and all of the mother figures and friends I have out there. You truly are such lovely women, and I look up to you all so much in many different ways. You teach me something new everyday about the woman I need to become. Thank you for setting such a great example for me and for all the future mothers out here. I can only hope and pray that I will be able to follow in your footsteps and raise a righteous nation someday. I am doing all that I can now to prepare for my future family, and I am excited! There was one point in my life where I didn't want to get married or have kids, but after receiving my Patriarchal Blessing, I know that being a mother is what I am supposed to be, and so I gladly anticipate and wait for that day! I hope to be the perfect mom for my kids, not by being perfect, but just by being the mom that they need. I can't wait to have Mother's Day be my celebration! I really don't thank my mom enough or let her know I love her, and she deserves so much more! I aspire to be like her and take her example with me wherever I go. I just love my mom so much, and I love each and everyday that she is here with me. The past year or so I am so glad that she is recovering, and it is such a miracle to see her standing, playing the piano, walking up the stairs, and going up mountains.... it is just absolutely incredible. I needed her to get sick so I could fully understand and appreciate motherhood and the undying love mothers have, it was a great example for me to see her keep smiling and loving even though she was in the hands of death a few times. I'll never take her for granted ever again. I just wish I could've had a second chance with my dad. I am blessed to have my mother by my side and to have her keep pushing me forward. I LOVE YOU, MOM! :)
I wore my Prom dress to church! And Cal wore his pink tie! I was so happy he did, I was worried that he wouldn't.. but it made me happy! Church was great, we had a missionary homecoming and a missionary farewell! It was packed! And then the Primary sang Love is Spoken Here... I just LOVE that song and always have ever since learning it when I was 9 or so. The Primary here has a little song group called Faith's Songbirds, some of the Palmer girls are in it and so is Kimilee! I love it when they sing! The Palmers were so happy to see me when they were up there, they'd wave to me! Ahh they are so precious! Anyways, Sister Cluff taught our Sunday School class today... not sure why, but I loved it! I was gonna sit next to Cal, but Porter does this thing where he likes to sit on the opposite side of the room closest to the door... and so it's more natural for me to sit by him.. and I HAVE to sit by Porter, ya know? He doesn't talk to anybody else in that class, and I didn't want some troublemaker girls sitting next to my perfect brother, so I plopped down next to him all sad like. Oh well, Brother Cluff came in, too. I gotta hand it to Sister Cluff! She told all the usual disrespectful kids to either stay and be respectful or to leave and hang with their parents. You go, girl! Haha! It's about time someone told them to act their age. Goodness, I hope that they keep that up. She gave a wonderful lesson on Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. I've listened to a few of her lessons, she is so great at teaching!!
Our Young Women's group has gone from about 16 to 7... it's so weird! Those were just random numbers, I don't know who is still technically in there, or who has a calling, but we've dropped to less than half of what we used to be. I'm okay with it! Actually, I prefer a smaller group, I feel like I can share more without being too judged because that is a big issue in our ward. Oh well, I'm used to it and I don't let it bother me. Whatever! And soon we'll be having some more leave! It's so weird. Pretty soon I'll be the oldest one in YW's and then leaving to wherever I decide to go next. I think a calling would be fun with the Primary! I dunno if I want to do the whole Single's Ward scene.. I've been with Kami and I'm not a big fan of it. Haha so when the time comes I can say that I don't like it without having to go! ;) haha plus I really like kids. But that's not for another year or so, so it can wait.
After church we had Grandparents Porter and Grandma Glasgow come over for dinner. I love how I have five mother figures to look up to and learn from their examples. I am quite blessed to have them in my life! It was weird not having Grandma Clark there with us. They'll be back from their mission right after I graduate, and that is so weird to me! I just never thought that they'd ever be gone, ya know? We've done everything with them all the time, they're always down here visiting for baptisms and baby blessings and weddings and the winters... I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the summer without seeing them! I'm gonna miss their cute house, her homemade raspberry jam, their pantry full of expired food, the mountains, Smithfield, Clarkston, Cache Valley, Gossner's, just all the weird little traditions my family has whenever we go up for the 4th... this will be the first year we haven't been up there in forever!! We've been going up for as long as I can remember.... it'll be interesting...
Ooh! I got more Prom photos from the actual dance! Here they be!
![]() |
| Okay... admit it. We're the cutest thing you've ever seen!! |
![]() |
| I ruin everything. |









No comments:
Post a Comment