February 12, 2012

Diggin' Trenches, Fuhtuhshutes, and Anime

Peaks: I was able to get enough sleep and get out the door by 6:30 am today to go work on the church farm!! It was awesome! I didn't even know we had one until the other day. It was all the way out in the "city" of Coolidge (Q: Since QC is so much bigger than Coolidge, why is QC still a 'town', yet Coolidge is a 'city'?) Anyway, we shoveled dirt out of trenches and made a path along it. My back is a little sore now, probably because I had too much energy and went all out! Haha service just gives me that extra boost. I was really HAPPY all day long today! I got home and then got to throw away tons of board games and such because finally, after being here for 1 1/2+ years, we got the screen and sound all set up in the loft! YAY!! Thank you Lathe!! :) After, Lauren came over and we had a little "fuhtuhshute" down at the church building on Chandler Heights. 'Twas super duper fun!! ALSO, so, my rant about Picnik shutting down? I'm gonna be alright. Want to know why? Because I discovered a website extremely similar, if not better, than Picnik itself!! I know. Shocking. But it is just plain better because there are a billion more choices. The place is called Pixlr Express, and I'm in love. The best part? It welcomes previous Picnik users. Kinda sad, but true! The effects are what you would call more grown up. Picnik was like a teenager, but Pixlr is the adult. I enjoy it immensely! After Lauren left, me and Kami went over to Briana's house and watched a Japanese film "Kiki's Delivery Service". I remember seeing previews for it when I was a kid on some of our VHS', but never got around to watching it. Quick run down of the story: it's about a 13 year old girl who leaves home to study to become a witch, and creates a delivery service in a town with her broomstick. What the story really teaches: it's okay to run away from home, it's okay to be rude to nice guys, it's okay to deliver packages of drugs, it's okay to work as a child slave and live in a dusty attic, it's okay to run away with strangers AND take their candy from them, et cetera. Haha not really, but those are the parts that were a tad questionable!
Pitfalls: My back is a little sore, I am super tired.
Praises: I am thankful for family and all they do. I'm thankful that my family all gets along and loves each other and wants to help out.
Prayers: I pray for opportunities to become better at time managing.

These are a couple of the photos I took, I'll post more eventually!





No comments:

Post a Comment