February 21, 2012

Gumbo is Yum-bo

Peaks: FAT TUESDAY/MARDI GRAS!!! Whoooo!! ;D Haha I made Gumbo and King's Cake complete with a little Piglet doll (because the dollar store had a lack in their supply of small plastic babies...) Haha I was in the best mood ever today!! I had tons of energy all day... until about 7:30 when I crashed! Haha but I went into World Market (the best store EVER) and I walked outta there with n-o-t-h-i-n-g. No European delicacies for me! I was very shocked with myself because I usually have to get some type of biscuits or something, but I walked outta there empty handed. Geez. I am awesome. I got the baby Piglet in the King's Cake which means I have to make the cake next year! We celebrated in French class today, so this is my 2nd year of celebrating a holiday which means nothing to me! yusss. Haha I'm not Catholic, but hey it's another reason to party it up! I made the gumbo practically all by myself and it was SO GOOD. Ohmygoodess. <3 The cake didn't turn out how my mom wanted it because I mixed everything in together at the same time.. oops. But it was still delicious!! I am definitely celebrating this every year! New tradition! Yay!! :) Also, my lovely teacher postponed my book report until Friday... thank heavens because I haven't finished reading my book/dictionary yet!! I <3 Ambrose Bierce.
Pitfalls: Can't think of any! It was all around lovely.
Praises: To me because I made dinner tonight and it was YUMMY. No one else in my family liked it. I blame their lack of multi-cultural immersion. Noah was the worst and was complaining about it all night long. Watch. He's gonna be sent to Taiwan or somewhere crazy on his mish and is gonna have to eat some funky stuff. And I will laugh. He is the pickiest eater ever. :P
Prayers: I pray that I will stay on top of tasks all week long and find time to exercise and just be amazing. Oh wait, I already am!! ;) JKJKJK. But seriously. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment