January 02, 2012

2011 in Review

So, my 2011 was fairly recent and not recorded in blog fashion, so I figured hey might as well! I seemed to have misplaced my January - August of my calendar somewhere in my room.. I keep nothing so you would think it wouldn't be too hard to find! I probably threw it away on accident, I keep no memories of anything hardly unless it is super important. My thought with junk: if I can't take it with me into the next life, and all it's doing is sitting there, might as well dump it! I know. I'm heartless. But I am clutter-free! :)

Back to year in review from what I can remember:

January- Breakfast party at the Derrik's, and me and Kami watched Lost instead of celebrating the New Year, duh. Uhmm... nope, nothing else is ringing a bell! I can see my calendar in my head, but I can't pinpoint one exact event. Finished all SIX seasons of Lost!
This is how we celebrate New Years..


February- Valentines Day, met a guy who is a great friend, got my permit, Play in a Day (aka the day that changed everything... liteally, but let's not dwell on the past.) it rained a ton... yup.

Cavepeople - Play in a Day


March- Spring Break at home, gah this is killing me! Youth went to the Randolph House, what a life changing experience! OOH! Our Midnight Breakfast Party on St. Patrick's Day!

Only slightly awkard Awkward Game...


April- Camping at Kehl Springs with the Severtson side of the fam, had many a great discussion with Kami, what a marvelous sister she is! <3 Easter while camping, got another fantastic guy friend, Zach Bishop :) Dad's 40th birthday.. I sure do miss ya.

Dad on a plane to Hawaii for their anniversary.. '05? I think.

CAMPING! A few of us went up a few days early. It. Was.
FREEEEEEZING, yet my chocolate bar melted? Anyways,
we made shadow puppets that looked like MLK jr.
Aaaand we talked about our boy problems and thought
we had them all figured out.. little did we know!! :P Thank
goodness no one heard us!!



May- Yearbook signing party, end of my sophomore year and my last year at Desert Ridge High School, home of the Jaguars, cried a lot during the last few weeks... Kami's graduation!

I think this night we went to Gumbo Movie night at Skylar's
house and watched The Ring. SCARY. But really interesting!
Zach was being dumb the entire time. But I won the staring
contest. ;)

Me with my pride and joy!! <3 I've been
working on that since Spring Break of my
Freshman year. And it was amazing. Yet,
it's my last one. I made the next yearbook
shortly after this. I won the design theme
competition, hands down. Some girls had a
problem with it because they didn't win.
Oh well, it's my book that it going to be
published and sold and it looks so sexy.
I miss yearbook. :(


June- busiest month ever!! Girl's Camp then Havasupai a day later, and then the BEST Nauvoo Trip with the Priests and Laurels in Montelena ward :D pretty much filled with vacationings a plenty.
Girl's Camp! My first year as a YCL.
Max King was my comp and she is
awesome!! :D I hope to see more of her
around! We got along really great.

The day after GC. Tiiiired.
Taken by Emerald Falls?? Me, Kami, Porter, Trevor, and Cal!
:) 

Taken in front of Carthage Jail. Priests and Laurels!
Top: Brandon, Me, Chase, Kami, Forrest, Kendra, Lacey,
Deizsha, Alexia, Carol Ann, Carly, Alexa, Mogame, Cal,
 Tessa, Jonathan, Sabrina, Steel, Bishop Petersen.
Bottom: Eben, ?, Gideon, Ashlyn, ?, Conner, Jacob, Ty,
 Alexys, Colton, Jessica, Collin, Dustin, and Joelle.


Map of Havasupai. The length of a marathon and then some.
But not flat. 



July- Utah trip at last minute, didn't know if Momma could make it! She was sick since like February and now almost a year later is recovering!! Zach left on his mission. This was the 4th anniversary of my Dad's passing, probably the last year we're gonna be up there for a while.. :( it's amazing how much a person can change in 4 years, but especially myself... goodness. Oh yeah, and SCHOOL STARTED?! What the?! .. Only in Queen Creek! The LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE CAME OUT AND SMASHED MY HEART INTO SMITHEREENS.

Fam Bam in front of Bear Lake! 

Us in the SLC visitor's center after
we saw Music & The Spoken Word
We shook Elder Utchdorf's hand  :D

Chillin' in front of the Manti Temple

HARRY POTTER 7 PT 2 PREMIERE!! OH I CRIED.
HP was a HUGE part of my childhood. And now the movies
and books are over. And so is my childhood. </3


August- My 16th birthday! No license or dates... I know, super lame life I live. Oh, Doctor Who came back on for Season 6! :D And Lauren and I became besties!

At BJ's eatin' my Pazookie! <3
And wearing my Doctor Who
shirt I made at Lauren's while
watching the premiere of the 6th
season. 

The 6th season started on 8.27.11.
(almost my birthday) Lauren and I
watched The Impossible Astronaut!
I got into Doctor Who from my YB teacher
Mr. Hearne, a true geek. Painful reminders
of YB. And I just love Doctor Who so
much because it's British, it's witty, and
it brings back good memories, and it's
Hipster. Not mainstream. ;)


September - nothing too exciting...FALL BREAK! Garrett's Eagle Project. Back when I used to attend DRHS football games... the few things I miss about that school: yearbook and football. I slipped in the rain and nearly  broke my thigh at Lauren's house while running up her driveway because I was so excited for our weekly geek gathering at her house to watch the new episodes of Doctor Who because I do not have the BBCAmerica channel at my house. </3

I'm behind the front seat. ;) Creeper status! 


October- Halloween... YOUTH CONFERENCE! :) whoop whoop! Flash mobs ;) Mylo Xyloto (Coldplay's album) came out!! :D General Conference! I visited DRHS to help out with YB and closed my ties to that school.

BEST ALBUM EVEERRR. Coldplay is another one of my
British obsessions.


November- Thanksgivin', Ward Fast for Momma, my last piano recital.. :( , Played the Awkward Game in a Gazebo! My love for Goodwill began <3 oh and we got super cute family pictures by Elizabeth!


Where is Noah?? ;)



December- Lots of babysitting and letters from Zach! Started watching Prison Break, got a bank account and a credit and debit card. oh no. Joined Stake Choir and was in the Christmas Fireside, super fun. Ugly Sweater party, lots of Oreo Fudge, Noah got the Priesthood, lots of friend time! and Baptisms with Lauren. 12.23.13 <3

Us before a Single's Ward Ugly Sweater
Party! Kami's visiting teacher is CUTE. 

Porter modeling in Target. No big deal.

Lindsay, Lauren, and me! I'm the shortest one!! They are
both 6 feet. And I'm 5'10. Gah. I've always been the tallest
whenever I've had friends. This is new.

The day momma could drive again!!!!!!

Makin' fun of Grandma Clark and her
classic flower pose. :) This was at my
Christmas Stake Choir performance. 




Overall, a rather splendid year! A tough one, but it was worth it all in between. Mom is now getting TONS better and that's all that really matters. Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment