January 20, 2012

Depths of Despair

Peaks: My pizza was not burned today. Maizey gave me a back message. My hair eventually turned outwavy, but of course not at school where everyone cares.
Pitfalls: Today was just a CRUMMY day, I tell  you. It first started out with my hair that would not cooperate. So I put it in a braid and hated it all day long, I couldn't put it in a bun either because I only had one ponytail holder. :( Then, in math class my teacher totally lied about our test and I couldn't finish it on time because she was in one of her moods so I failed that. Not to mention I was totally coughing/sneezing/everything else the body can possibly do while sick all day today. :( I have a buttload of homework this weekend. And to top it all off, Picnik, my most favoritest photo editing website of all time and practically what got me into photography, announced it was closing thanks to FREAKIN' Google. </3 I cried and cried and called Katie about it, and posted a heartbroken Facebook status, and signed a petition, and went to bed at like 7:30. But now it's almost midnight because I fell asleep on Maizey's bed. It was a ROUGH day. Just plain rough.
Praises: To all the people who made Picnik possible. We will be friends in Heaven one day. Except for you Google, don't expect my visit to you down under. And I'm not talking about Australia!
Prayers: I pray that Picnik does not shut down. My photography career will go straight down the toilet because I kind of depend on Picnik for my photos to look ah-mazing. :( And the editing was my favorite part, you know. </3 Back to depression for me!!

Just like any other day, I log on and this ^^ makes me
happy! The "blooming blossoms" changes with
the seasons/holidays

And to my horror, the day I thought I'd never see... one of
the WORST days of my life, I see this. A creepy doodle
ant... SMILING... through a magnifying glass??
Isn't that terrible?? I feel so empty.
I don't think anyone understands the pain I'm feeling. Well, I know at least 2 million people do... That's how many people are going to kill Google. Yup. I've past the Denial, ANGER, and mourning stage.. now I think I'm in the depression stage?? Because I honestly don't know what to think. I've been using Picnik since 2009. I've edited THOUSANDS of photos, and Picnik just makes me happy. It allowed me to do the things I loved most at a cheap price and it was fun, and simple, and I got to be really good at it! It just crushes my heart and soul to think that this will end in April. I don't even want to think about it. No other online photo editing cites are as absolutely wonderful as Picnik.. and I've tried my PSE to edit, but it's just so complicated. I had editing down and could make any photo beautiful. I really wish that Google doesn't completely pull the plug on Picnik. I knew about a year ago when they teamed up with Google that something bad was gonne happen to Picnik, I never thought it would end it... :( I'm in complete sadness. And I can't imagine my world without Picnik. It's helped me grow as a photographer, and it's just completely fun to mess around with too when I have photos of my friends! Katie introduced me to Picnik in '09 and I fell in love with it from that day in October!! We've bonded over Picnik, and I'd say that's one of the main reasons we became friends... funny, huh? And now it's gone. :( She was the first person I called when I found out. And we had a depression party.

This is the geek in me, getting emotionally attached to websites... but I can't help it! It was just one of those things that I could do for hours and not get bored or tedious with it! I was hoping to use Picnik for the rest of my future career in photography because it's always been a faithful friend to me. I guess not. 

I won't be using Google as my search bar anymore. Too bad Google dominates EVERYTHING, even this blog which I won't shut down. Man this is annoying! Google is going to take over the internet, I'm telling you. And it ain't gonna be pretty. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment