Peaks: Super awesome day for me! I got ready for church on time and really felt the spirit. It was Ward Conference, I usually dread this, but it was amazing today! I painted my nails pink sparkles and it was overcast all day <3. Tomorrow we have no school! But in Sunday School we learned that the scriptures are full of symbolism because people could usually only understand fruit and animals back then, and the reason why a Tree is used to symbolize Christ is because people would live off of trees and they needed them to survive and such. I never really thought of why certain symbols were chosen and not just randomly pulled out of the air. In YW the Stake Presidency talked about cool stuff. The Church recently updated the FTSOY pamphlet and I need to check into that. I love how they're updating and refreshing all of the material. Don't get me wrong, I love Betty Lou and Martha and everyone else, but now I'm thinking we'll need names like Apple and Bon Qui Qui. ;) but I just like it. Sister Brooks talked about Standing Alone, and such. Then she used an example that someone wrote about ME saying how I was a great example of faith because I still willingly do what I'm supposed to do regardless of my trials.. and of course I started bawling.. haha out of all people and she only used one name, it happened to be me. And I cried, and so did some others apparently? And then there was a talk about Feasting like a Flamingo, flamigos are pink because of what we eat and so we should be feasting on the good stuff that will make us have a Godly countenance, and if flamingos don't eat their food then they turn white, and figuratively speaking we will, too, so we should be proud to be LDS and we should be proud to be pink! ;) it was impowering to hear all of that today! Man, I am a Spirit addict!! haha ;) also we had a Youth Fireside after church and listened to some MORE powerful messages. One in particular was from Porter Solomon (I think) and man, was he great! He just told it how it is, he is an amazing speaker.. very inspiring. And he is going to be going on a performing mission in Nauvoo this summer apparently. <3 aahhh, so COOL!
Pitfalls: So, me and Kami were talking last night about how we wanted buttermilk syrup and waffles for breakfast the following morning. Well, being the angel I am I was gonna get a head start on it before she came down. Unfortunately we did not have any buttermilk. Maizey being the "expert" she is on cooking decided that she would help me find a recipe online for buttermilk. And all you had to do was add 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. That seemed sketchy to me, so I was looking up a thousand different websites. To my horror, I turned around from the computer to see Maizey pour the
LAST OF OUR MILK into a bowl for her cereal. I was crushed, and I called her a "y'idiot" because she knew that we were running out and that I was wanting to make waffles and buttermilk syrup. And therefore, I had a bagel sandwich instead.
ONLY LATER TO FIND OUT THAT WE HAD TWO GALLONS OF MILK IN THE BACK. I swear, my family is so unobservant it's gonna kill us. haha jkjk ;)
Praises: To my leaders that are so called of God it's ridiculous how perfect they are for everything!! They are the best fo' sho'.
Prayers: I pray that I will always fit the description of the girl on the example given today in church. <3
I got a cute lil' handout that had a sparkly pink flamingo (it so matched my nails and I did not even plan this!! :D ) and it said
"ARISE AND SHINE... They were not ashamed to be pink- they are supposed to be pink. And because they feasted they were pink. They were beautiful. They were identifiable."
No comments:
Post a Comment